With me looking and still testing out who my body react to various protein source, I present a great recipe yielding spongy, light, and fluffy fish cakes: Heart Warming Light Fish Cakes Soup.
- 1 lb. tilapia
- 1/2 lb. mixed seafood, frozen
- 1/2 lb. scallops, frozen
- 4 green scallions
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tbsp. granulated garlic
- 32 oz. low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 egg
- In a heavy bottom pan combine 2tbsp. olive oi, onion, carrot, garlic granules and bay leaves. Simmer on low for 5 min. Then add the broth.
- In a separate pot bring water to a boil, add seafood and scallops. Bring to a boil and drain quickly. If your seafood is fresh then skip this step.
- To make fish cakes. Place cooked seafood and fresh Tilapia, add egg and 2 scallions, pulse until mixed well and uniform. With your hand make golf size balls and drop them one by one into the broth mixture. Bring to a boil.
- When ready, split spinach between four soup bowls and add the soup, garnish with chopped scallions.
Sharing is caring!!! Please like us and share with your family and friends through our user friendly social media sharing buttons.