I finally nailed it. The most fluffy and delicious Vanilla Bean Pancakes. I tweaked the recipe from food.com and it was perfection. They came out sky high, light and fluffy and a bit crumbly. Just they way my family likes them. The thing is I really used to like pancake mix from TJ’s but it has some ingredients in the buttermilk mix that I would rather not give to my family. Since I stopped using it the quest began. I had several good runs before but never wrote the recipe since I was not sure how it will come out. This time I did and the family stamp of approval for the best pancakes ever sealed the deal.
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
- 3 tbsp. melted ghee
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. double acting baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean
- Whisk milk, vanilla powder, and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients.
- Whisk the egg, then fold in melted ghee.
- Combine and whisk all wet ingredients together.
- Fold in wet ingredients into dry, mixing continuously but gently until all well incorporated.
- Put your pan on high heat and then let it cool. Then put it on high again, let it heat up again, and turn down heat to low.
- Pour pancake mixture, a few tablespoons at a time, let the dough set (you will see bubbles) then flip.
- In about a minute they will be ready to tuck into.
Sharing is caring!!! Please like us and share with your family and friends through our user friendly social media sharing buttons.