Patty cake..patty cake…I wonder what I am going to make. Craving for corn fritter never went away and being burned out on salmon although I really like it made me ponder what I can conjure. Plus I am also looking to boost my vegetables intake since that is the best way to make sure one gets enough. I pondered and searched the web for inspiration. My thought was I love corn, peas, and salmon and I have also been thinking about cilantro. There something about it’s fresh flavor and a punch of color. So I mixed all the fresh ingredients up, added a bit of almond flour and eggs to keep it all together and the best ever healthy Salmon, Corn and Peas Fit Cakes (Gluten Free) were born. Dig in, bite in, fork in….plus they will be great as a post/pre-workout snack when on the go. Just warm up and put it in the foil and you are all set after you are done with getting your sweat on.
Ingredients (makes 17 good size cakes)
- 2 lb. wild salmon fillet, or you can use 2 can canned pink salmon
- 2 organic eggs
- 5 tbsp. Free2BFit Spice Blend, or you can use 21 solute seasoning from TJ’s
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup sweat peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 4 garlic gloves, deiced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- ghee, olive or coconut oil for baking
- Cook salmon for about 10 min at $400F. Depending on your fillet thickness it might be cooked or still pink. Since we are going to cook the cakes it is better to air on the side of caution and under cook then overcook the salmon.
- In the meantime, mix, Free2BFit Spice Blend, eggs, flour, cilantro, onion, and garlic.
- When salmon is cooked let it cool down a bit, fold into the rest of the mixture, and break it down with a fork.
- Preheat a heavy skillet, add a bit of ghee and place a handful of salmon mixture into the pan and spread it out to shape a circle. You can wash your hands with cold water and make patties with hands, the water will make sure the cakes do not stick to your fingers. Cook for about 3 min on each side.
- Enjoy with spinach for an extra shot of veggies.
People Who Viewed This Also Liked:
- POP Nutrition | Chicken Pot Pie (Gluten Free)
- POP Nutrition | How to eat healthy through out the week (Plus 4 QUICK ways to sneak your veggies in)
- POPN Paleo | Lentils and Turkey Bacon Stew
- POP Nutrition | Sweet Potato Cheezzy Fries
- PiloYoga | Frog Flow
- POP Nutrition | Breakfast Delight Waffles
- Bikini Competition WOD | MTRW 26 | TRX Super Sculpt
- POP Nutrition | Harvest Crunch Salad
- MTRW | Monthly Workout Plan 4
- POP Nutrition | Avocado and Bulgur Wheat Kicking Salad
- POP Nutrition| Gingerbread Man Cookies
- POP Nutrition | Lean and Mean Autumn Power Up Soup
Did you enjoy my post? Please help us spread the word and share with your friends. I appreciate your support.