It’s been awhile and finally I got a moment to make post. With fall on your door steps I felt like having something a little bit more warm and inviting so I came up with the Lean & Mean Autumn Power Up Soup. And for an extra kick of iron I am adding fresh spinach before poring soup into the bowl. The heat will make it soft yet still crunchy without overcooking so it will come out perfect.
- 1 lb. 90% lean organic beef
- 4 med yellow zuchini
- 1 red onion
- 2 carrots
- 3 tbsp. low-sodium organic soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. ground garlic flakes
- 1 tbsp. ground onion flakes
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. organic olive oil
- 1 cup of water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp. chopped green scallions
- Spinach (optional)
- Set a heavy bottom pot on low heat, add oil, chopped onion, and carrots. Simmer on low for 5 min.
- Add julienne zucchini, vinegar, bay leave, garlic, onion, water, scallions, and golf ball size shaped beef balls.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 10-15 min.
- To server, place a handfull of fresh spinach at the bottom of each bowl and add Lean & Mean Autumn Power Up Soup on top. Yammy!
P.S. I will be moving my blog so in the process of figuring it all put. The new host will allow me to use full content management functionality 🙂