My son loves pancakes and I, as someone who loves to cook from scratch, am always looking for different ways to perfect the recipes that I create. It is his B-day tomorrow so here is a treat that he loves with a persona twist – The Perfect Chewy Pancake Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 milk | I used goat milk
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. double acting baking powder
- 3 tbsp. olive or coconut oil | also can use ghee
- 3 tbsp. sugar and alcohol free vanilla
- 2 eggs
- cinnamon, optional
- Mix all wet and dry indigents adding baking soda to the mixture all the way at the end.
- Heat a pancake pan, then cool it down and then heat it up again .That prevent pancakes from sticking to the pan. I did not use any oil or butter. If you like to you can but use the same oil you put into the pancakes or if you used ghee or butter use that instead. If you use different oils that will make them burn.
- Place a spoonful of batter on the pan, cook on one side until slightly bubbly then flip and cook another 40 sec or min,