- 1 cup organic Bulgar wheat
- 2 cup low-sodium free range chicken stock
- 1 large heirloom tomato
- 1 large red onion
- 2 cups chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 lb. fresh shrimp
- 2 lemons
- 3 Persian cucumber
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic or red wine vinegar
- To make Bulgar wheat, in a pan combine Bulgar wheat and chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Turn off the stove top. Cover and let is sit for 20 min or until all liquid is absorbed. Cool before folding in other ingredients, you can even put it in the fridge while cooking shrimp and chopping up the veg for the salad.
- To cook shrimp, in a pot bring water and sliced lemons to a boil, add shrimp and cook for 5 min or until pink. Drain, chill, and peal.
- Chop onion, cucumber, cilantro, green onion, and cut pealed shrimps in half. Place all ingredients into a large bowl, fold in chilled Bulgar wheat, olive oil, vinegar, and mix well.
- Serve right away or make ahead of time and chill for 2 hours.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit