I am on track with the Bikini Prep Workout and the 90 Day Pilo-Yoga Challenges, and today is an active rest day and I am just done playing badminton with my boyfriend, a great way to have fun while getting exercise. And of course no health quest is complete unless your nutrition is there to fuel your body so you can take on the day and the workout. Here is the latest addition to our POP Nutrition Meals – 6 Pack Abs Meals | Spicy Shrimp with Figs, Asparagus & Brown Rice:
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 4 fresh figs
- 2 hot peppers
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup brown rice
- 4 tbsp. Free2BFit Spice blend
- 1 tsp. white ground pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic flakes
- 1 tsp. onion flakes
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped ginger
- handful of chopped basil
- To rehydrate the chilli peppers, boil 1/2 cup of water with 1/4 cup vinegar. Add Garlic and onion flakes, ground pepper, ginger, basil, and chillies. Mix and let it rehydrate for 5 min. When ready pulse in a blender.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan and add chilli mixture, fol din chopped figs, onion, scallion, and simmer for 5 min.
- Add shrimp, mix well, and cooked for 5-7 min or until shrimp is pink and cooked on the inside.
- Meantime, to cook rice, add 1 cup of rice and 3 cups of water or chicken broth into a sauce pot, add Free2BFit Spice blend, bring to boil, then cover and simmer on low until all the water is absorbed by the rice, about 15-20 min.
- To make asparagus: drop the asparagus into boiling water for 4 min or less to keep the crunch.